Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: Explanation of collection of demographic Information by East Bay Regional Park District
- A: These data will be used to conduct a data-driven assessment to address disparities or differences in access to public services based on a set of demographic factors including age, income, race, and gender. Before you begin registration, we invite you to answer some demographic questions. Your responses are completely voluntary and will have no bearing on the outcome of your requests, reservations, or registration in any program. If you prefer not to answer any of these questions, please choose the “decline to state."
Why is the Park District collecting this information?
The Park District’s diversity, equity and inclusion work seeks to achieve mission delivery that reflects the rich demographics of the Alameda and Contra Costa counties communities park visitors and program participants.
What will this information be used for?
The data is used to conduct analyses of program participants and the delivery of public services by the Park District. Analyses explore demographical data across different sectors.
Who has access to this information?
Access is limited to Park District staff only. No information that would allow for the identification of any individual is reported. The Park District will analyze trend data to report on its ability to meet specific service delivery objectives toward the diversity and inclusion goals identified in the Master Plan.
How will my information be kept confidential?
The Park District’s Information Services is responsible for ensuring all data obtained and stored is kept secure and confidential. The data collection and storage process meet industry standards for retaining information in a secure and confidential manner.
Can I opt out of this question?
Providing demographical data is entirely voluntary. You may decline to state in the section that you prefer not to answer.
Will this affect my registration?
This information will not affect your registration.
Breakdown of information to be collected
Specific Age Group
Under 18 years of age
18 to 24 years of age
25 to 39 years of age
40 to 60 years of age
Over 60 years of age
$73,001 - $91,000
$116,001 - $136,000
Hispanic, Latino(a), Latinx or Spanish origin (a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race)
Not Hispanic, Latino(a), Latinx or Spanish origin
American Indian and/or Alaska Native (a person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America, including Central America, and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment)
Asian (a person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam)
Black or African American (a person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa)
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander (a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands)
White (a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa)
Other race or ethnicity
Cisgender Non-binary/gender non-conforming
- Q: What can I do with EBparksOnline?
- A: You can use EBparksOnline to create a new account or update your account, make payments on your account, browse and register for classes; and get information, see photos, and check availability for picnic sites and our reservable indoor facilities.
- Q: How do I create a new Customer Account?
- A: Before registering for any activities on our website, you must establish a Customer Account. Your Login is ALWAYS your email address. You will need to designate a responsible adult (18 years or older) as the Main Contact for your account.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the Create New Account button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields,(Birth date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email. You will also be given a temporary password.
You can also request a new account by calling Reservations at 1(888)-327-2757 option 2 during office hours. A representative will be able to set-up the account; however, you will still need to request an activation email and confirm your account by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Q: How can I see which course(s) my family members are registered in?
- A: 1. Click on the [My Account] button on the left. Or click on the [Sign In] link on the top right.
2. Enter your Login and Password.
3. Click on [My Account] button: your "Current / Future Registrations" are listed at the bottom of the page.
4. Click [View Full Purchase History] link to see a list of registered courses for the past year plus current registrations. Click on each course to see details.
5. Click [Email Receipt] button next to a program to have that receipt sent to the email address on your account.
6. Click [View Receipt] button to see the receipt on screen for that registrant and course.
7. Click [Request Schedule] link below each Registrant to have a list of all current and future registered course name(s), date(s), times and meeting location(s) sent to you by email. You can also choose to receive a list of facility reservation date(s) and times.
- Q: I'm getting a message that my account is not yet activated. What do I do?
- A: Your account may not be activated if you created it online, but did not click on the link in the confirmation email, or if your account was created in our call center. First, check your spam or junk mail to see if the email was delivered to one of those mailboxes. If yes, move the email back into your inbox, and then click on the link to activate the account. You may also request another password to be sent to you by email, by clicking on the [ Forget Your Password? ] link and entering your email address. A temporary password will be sent to you.
- Q: I forgot my password. How do I change my password and/or login ?
- A: FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD:
Click [Sign In] link and select [Forget Your Password?] link. Enter the e-mail address on your account and an e-mail with your password will be sent to you. If not, call us at 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2, during business hours. One of our representatives will be able to confirm your account information and email address; however, we do not have access to your password.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
TO CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD: Login to your account using your current login and password. Click [Sign In], then select [Change Your Password] link below the words "Account Details:" and follow directions given.
TO CHANGE YOUR REGISTRANT LOGIN: Login to your account using your current login and password. Click [Sign In], then select your name under "Registrants". Select [CHANGE LOGIN ID] button below your contact information, and follow the directions given. Each registrant can have their own Login.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have? How do I add family members to my account?
- A: We recommend that each family establish a primary account with login credentials. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names underneath the head of household after it has been established
You may add family members in the three following locations:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the Submit and Add Family Member link.
2) You may add a family member under My Account, this is done by clicking the link Change Information About Family Members.
3) You may also add family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link Add Family Member which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled Activities?
- A: The My Account feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming Activities.
Sign into your account and click on the My Account link. Then click on the Show Your Daily Schedule link. Highlight the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click on the top arrow button and move each family member over to the Selected Family Members column. Click on Search to proceed. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the [Sign In] link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Payments link (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
- Q: If information online is different from what's written in the Regional in Nature (RIN) brochure, which is correct?
- A: The information online is more up-to-date. While we strive to have correct information in the printed brochures, sometimes changes must be made after brochure have been distributed.
- Q: If I do not know the course code, how do I find a course?
- A: You can see courses listed by age group and activity type or click on [Advanced Search] button on the top middle right of that page to search by keyword. In either case, you can narrow the search to a specific park.
- Q: Can I view Activities without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the Activities without registering. Click View Activities button and look at all the Activities that are offered.
- Q: How do I register for an Activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy:
1) Click the Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Select the Activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Activity.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove Activities from your cart or view more Activities and add them to your cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the Activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
5) Confirm your Activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
*To remove a course, click the [remove] link.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*If you registered for a FEE course, you must pay the full balance owed to complete registration.
*If the instructor needs additional information, you will see a pop-up with questions. Answer them, then click the [Save and Go to Checkout] button.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: How can I tell if a course has spots available for my family?
- A: To check the availability of a course, refer to the "Open" column for each course.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for an Activity that is full? How can I find out my position on the waitlist?
- A: Your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted in the event that a space opens for that Activity or additional Activities are added. If we are unable to contact you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the Activity. It is recommended for guaranteed participation, please choose another Activity with registration space.
TO FIND OUT YOUR WAITLIST POSITION:
Call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2, during business hours to confirm your place on the list.
- Q: Can I show up for a course if I am on the waitlist?
- A: No. You need to wait until you are contacted by the Reservations Office before attending.
- Q: How do I find out more information about the course I signed up for?
- A: Call the number listed on course description to reach the visitor center or instructor.
- Q: My child is not in the age range for the course, are there exceptions? Can I bring the siblings of the child I signed up for a program?
- A: No. For our children's programs, the age ranges are firm. Instructors are aware of the developmental needs of children and tailor specific classes to meet those needs. Allowing children that do not meet the requirements into a program could potentially cause distractions and lower the quality of the program for all participants. Some programs require parent participation.
- Q: How do I withdraw from a course? How do I transfer to another course?
- A: Call the Reservations Office at 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2, during business hours and at least five (5) business days before the course start date.
- Q: Will I receive a confirmation receipt in the mail?
- A: Yes, a receipt will be mailed to the address on your account, if there is no email address.
- Q: What is your cancellation policy?
If I sign up for a course, pay the registration fee, and then do not attend, will I get my money back? Can I get a credit?
- A: IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL OR TRANSFER: To transfer or for a full refund, you must CALL the Reservations Office at 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2, at least five (5) business days prior to the first day of the course. Failure to notify the Reservations Office at least five (5) business days in advance of the course start date will result in forfeiture of the program fees. The last day to cancel a Saturday or Sunday program is the prior Monday.
CANCELLED COURSES: If we must cancel a course due to below-minimum enrollment, inclement weather or instructor illness, we will contact you as soon as we are able. Refunds will be processed automatically. Registrations paid by credit card will be refunded during the next business day; otherwise, please allow up to three (3) weeks for receipt of your refund by check.
Cancellations must be made by CALLING the Reservations Office at 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2 at least five (5) business days prior to the start of a class to receive a refund. No credits are issued.
- Q: What about fees?
- A: FEES MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
1. CREDIT CARDS: Online payment by Visa or MasterCard only.
2. MONEY ORDERS: Money orders are accepted for mail-in or in-person registration.
3. CHECKS: Pre-printed checks are accepted for mail-in or in-person registration received by the Reservations Office at least two (2) weeks prior to the course start date. Make checks payable to "EBRPD". Programs that require registration at individual parks will accept pre-printed checks until the first day of the course. Returned checks will be charged an additional $15 Returned Check fee.
4. CASH is only accepted for in-person registration. Do not mail cash.
5. RESIDENT FEES apply to anyone living inside Alameda and Contra Costa counties; NON-RESIDENT FEES apply to all others.
6. OTHER PARK USE FEES may apply: Parking and Dog fees may be charged at the park; Ardenwood charges entrance fees which varies depending on the activity, season, and the day of the week.
7. Some programs have fee assistance available for low-income individuals and families.
- Q: Can I make partial payments? Can I register now and pay later?
- A: No. Full payment is due at the time of registration. If you do not make a payment in full, your registrations will be voided and you will not be enrolled in your courses(s).
- Q: Can you 'store' my credit card information for future use?
- A: Yes. When making a payment online make sure you check the box that says " Save this card for future transactions" that way if you need to be refunded the amount will go back to the card that was used to make the payment. If you do not check the box to save your card, the security deposit will be refunded by CHECK, which takes 4 to 6 weeks.
- Q: My credit card transaction failed. Am I enrolled in the class? What do I do?
- A: No, your enrollment is not complete unless payment is collected. Try registering again.
- Q: What are Camperships?
- A: Camperships are financial assistance funds that can be used towards selected day camp and aquatic course fees. The Regional Parks Foundation provides Camperships to qualifying families in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Campership funds are limited, so apply early. Click Financial Assistance / Becas for additional information and to download the application form.
- Q: Can special accommodations be made?
- A: Accommodations will be made whenever possible for visitors with disabilities, upon advance request. Please contact the instructor for further assistance.
- Q: Still need help?
- A: For questions or concerns, please call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2, during business hours.
East Bay Regional Park District, 2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605
1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option #2
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm